Labels

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

No more fudge to be had.

The holiday gluttony has been drafting my rear tire like a anchor and it seems the roads are a bit rougher after a small break in the training timeline, but none the less it is back to the grindstone of dropping the leftover fudge and picking up the gu packs.

Its a funny thing about the holidays and how much you can justify eating and being lazy. although you always seem to be a product of laziness it is still fun to sit on the couch for a few days and watch others on TV sweat it out for a bit. but it gets old fast.

The other reason I had to hang up the bike for a spell was my daughter was my center of attention for the holidays. when she asked me how long the race was she was thinking it would be just another one of my usual downhill races or possible a mountain bike cross country race and be over in a few hours. I think she was taken back a bit when I told her it was coast to coast.

she is now trying to grasp the scale of miles and mountains buy following the route on Google earth and trying to calculate the distance as if it was a road trip in a car. She is now following my blog and the RAAM website like as if it is a Justin Bieber fan club site. I think she may be my biggest fan!

So now the team is officially on the RAAM website and the waivers have been signed and the bio's have been submitted. feel free to check out the other racers while I take time to link them on here as well,  and there seems to be only one thing left in my mind.........the finish line.

why not training you ask?

because I think the training is almost meditation of the sadist kind. I like the burn and the crunching hill climbs, I look forward to the irregular tan lines and flat tires. the thought of 50 mile per hour descents make me giggle like a pre teen girl. Just the thought of getting up off the saddle and cranking out a hill climb sprint is a sense of normalcy for me.

But the finish line? now that is something that every one enjoys and should be the only thing on the mind!



No comments:

Post a Comment