Labels

Thursday, January 5, 2012

A special thanks to Tim Moore!






I first met Tim Moore years ago during a wounded warrior project solider ride. He came along with his cycling expertise as a shop owner and helped provide the participants with adaptive fitting, maintenance and a generous supply of candid humor. I have had the opportunity to ride, wrench and even crash with Tim on several occasions over the years and have always had a great time doing so.

Since getting on the RAAM team, I was needing a new bike since the last bike Tim and his Team labored to build was unrecoverable due to me getting hit with a truck mirror on the side of the road in march of 2011. I fared well to the incident but the bike however did not.

come to think of it, the first bike Tim and his team built for me was due to a crash as well, but this was in a pace line with Frankie Andreu somewhere in the Carolina's I think?,  But that is another story in itself!

After a laughter filled reminiscent phone conversation with Tim,  I have been blessed with his more than generous outreach to get me on a 2011 Specialized Tarmac for the 2012 RAAM season.




Tim is a very proud supporter of Veterans in general as well as the wounded warrior project and soldier ride, and has done way more than his share to help out with the organizations over the years and I am very proud to call him my friend. Please feel free to call his shop (270) 885-0613 to share a comment or get some great service no matter where you are in the country!

Now I am waiting at the window for the brown truck to show up like a kid waiting for santa!

1 comment:

  1. I am also proud to call him "brother" !!! Love ya, little brother.....Jeanine Hansen
    Zephyrhills, FL

    ReplyDelete